Constant back pain, x-ray shows kidney stones. MRI shows disc degeneration. Surgery required?

I have had back pain for 5 months. Some days its like a headache that won t go away other days it is almost paralyzing. If I had taken a fall I most certainly would swear I broke my back. I had xrays they showed kidney stones . I had an ultra sound and the same thing. I had a cat scan it showed the kidney stones my back was alignedand the spacing good. My mri shows more. In the terms they put it says that Ihave degeneration of the L4 L5 disc deseccation of the L5 S1. A small protrusion. Thinning of the thecal sac . And the conus extends beyond L1. I have no idea what this means? I have tried physical therapy and with in hours I am almost paralized. They are gonna send me to the pain clinic. Should I be on a set of pain medication? Do I need to have surgery? Is my condition dangerous? I am not sure if this is important for 3 weeks now Ihave been running low grade fever never over 99.7 I have miscarried 2 children in less than a year. I have lost my appetite . I lose my balance sometimes andmy grip on items Iam carrying or holding. I am always sleepy and bits of depression.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012