Constant Charlie horse in left calf after breast reconstruction surgery. Any suggestions?

I had a recent surgery ( breast reconstruction ) on nov 8. the procedure was about 2 hrs. i was on percocet and immobile (except for trips to the bathroom) for about 2-3 days. on day 3, when I started moving around more, I realized that it felt like I had a constant Charlie horse in my left calf. its been there ever since. stretching causes more pain but does slightly relieve the tension but only for a few seconds. walking is painful and all I do is limp. by the end of my walk, it feels better but comes right back and is still painful. heating pad has helped however moist heat woth a hot water bottle seems to be the best. any suggestions? I m a nurse and I can t help but thinking DVT ...
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012