Consistently raised AST/SGOT and ALT/SGPT, liver pain. What does this mean?

I have consistently had raised AST/ SGOT and ALT/ SGPT results, so my doctor ordered more labs. My AST/SGOT has dropped down to 41, my ALT/SGPT is still high at 65. The Hepatitis B surface AB Qual was positive, which I would expect being immunized several years ago. However, the Hepatitis B surface AB Quan was 841!! What does this significantly high number mean? I do have liver pain, a constant dull pain and intermittent sharp pains.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012