Consistent twitching in muscles on outer corner of eye, eyelid causing severe discomfort. Advice?

Hello. About six months ago i started getting twitches in the muscles surrounding the outer corner of my right eye. This has happened before and usually passed after a week or so. This time though, it has not. In addition to this, my left eyes eyelid and outer corner has started twitching aswell. My problem has been constant since it began and even though it does not impact my life very seriously, it is still very irritating. Especially when trying to sleep. I read up on the matter and it seems to be fairly normal but not for such long periods as this. What do you recommend I do?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012