Consistent swollen, fluid filled cyst on the back, swollen ankle, difficulty in walking. Cause and remedy?

my husband has had a swollen like cyst on his back near back bone, it has gooten verylarge, seems t be fluid flled. Has had it for a year or so, and it has gotten bigger. Now his right ankle stays swollen along with that same side he has trouble with his hip. There has been a sore like on the back of his leg close to his ankle. It itches alot. Could one be causing the other? It s getting to where he can t walk far before he is out of breath and hip hurts so bad. He has knee problems too because he is a mechanic and works alot with knees bent and on concrete.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
The swollen cyst at the back that is gradually growing in size could be due to an infection or malignancy. This needs proper investigations to find out the cause.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,