Consistent swelling on the finger since a week, closer to the palm. Fracture?

Hello, my ring finger on my right hand has been swollen for almost a week now. I got into a fight last week and has been swollen since. The swelling in the bone or joint closest to the palm of that finger has not gone down while swelling around that bone has. I don t know if it I should just wait another week or so to see if the swelling will decrease or if I should see a doctor because the bone may be fractured. What do you recommend?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013