Consistent sore throat with red throat, heaviness around tonsils. Is this due to allergy?

hi, soar throat had been a consistent problem with me. i suffered for almost a year in 2010. took all antibiotics and got treatment from almost every famous hospital in delhi but all in waste. then one of my friend who himself is a doctor advised me to stay away from cold stuff i.e. cold water etc. which i did with tabs like zerodol n aizee for few days. i was finally fine with no infections. i stiil have sporadic issues with throat. symtoms are red throat, heavy feeling around tonsils with no cough or mucus . plse advise is it because of alergy. what care should i take.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013