Consistent sore throat, redness at the throat opening, pimple on uvula, acne breakout, enlarged lymph nodes on neck. Cause?

My 15 year old son has had a sore throat for 4 months. It is red in the very back of the throat and around the opening of his throat. There is a pimple looking thing on the Uvula . He has had 3 swabs that came back with no bacterial infection . the Dr. Says its viral. He has broken out in acne, has enlarged lymph glands on the front and back of his neck. I have kept him off of sugar and dairy and feel him organic nourishing food. I have given him all types of herbal teas. What do you think he is suffering from. The Drs say its viral and to wait it out. He has no fever.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013