Consistent shingles with severe itching post bone marrow transplant. On a high protein diet. What could be the cause?

Hello, I m a post Bone Marrow Transplant patient - having had AML in 2010, then the shingles , post herpetic neuralgia , 2 brain hemorraghes in 2011, brain seizures ( not to mention a broken foot in between :), genital ,liver & muscular GVHD, 2012, more seizures, Pseudo Dupudtrens Contractions & probably other things I ve forgotten. My shingles happened May 2011 & it s still hanging around & wearing my rather thin! Over the last month or so, I ve been on a high protein diet ( to lose some of the weight the Prednisone has had me put on ), but now I m itchy like crazy all over, including the areas affected by the shingles. So much so, that it wakes me up at night. My question is; considering the above, is a high protein diet dangerous for me to follow? Also, would excess protein be causing the itching? Many thanx inji
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012