Consistent severe cough, occasional vomiting, itchy throat, have air blowing inside the room due to faulty ac. Could that be a cause?

I have a cough that is consistent and at time cough so hard I throw up. My throat is itchy as well. Went to the Doctor about 2 weeks ago and whopping cough test was negative. Was given an inhaler and antibiotics and it stopped. It has now started again. I found that my portable ac unit had water inside and has probably been there since I used it last which was a year ago. Plus I did not have it hooked up correctly so the air was blowing inside the room. Could this be the cause?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012