Consistent runny nose, dry mouth, excessive thirst, hoarse voice with nasal tone. Could deviated septum be causing this?

My husband has always had a problem with a runny nose - dry mouth and always thirsty. Never any pain or sickness, but nose is always running. He is also thirsty all the time and needs lip balm. Additionally, and of significant concern is that his voice is not clear and always has sounded nasaly and muffled. He has seen an ENT who said that he has a significantly deviated septum and feels this is the main cause. Could this really be the cause of his voice always sounding so nasaly and unclear? Thank you!!
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012