Consistent pain in nipples, negative pregnancy test, got periods after taking ipill. Cause of tenderness?

hello dr. , i had 2 i pills one on 11 th n other on 16 th dec , dn i had light bleeding frm 16 th to 22nd. ma periods came on 3rd decembr and till today dt is 13 th jan i hve not got my periods. i checked on 8th jan n 12 th jan using home preg test and it came negative. but still i m having pain in nipples since 7th jan? am i pregnant ?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Bleeding after taking emergency pill are common, due to hormonal disturbances, not to worry for that.
As you had bleeding after unprotected sex, chances of pregnancy are less.

Urine pregnancy test usually shows positive results ten days after missed periods, hormonal levels has to rise to be detected in urine. you can wait for one more week and take test again and fallow the instructions given in leaflet.
Blood HCG test is more sensitive in early detection of pregnancy. Under guidance of qualified doctor you can get it done.

Wait for few more days for your periods to start, If delays by more than a month, consult doctor for prescription of medications for it after examination.

Hope this helps you.

General & Family Physician Dr. Neha Sethi's  Response
Hi,Dear.Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC.
There are no chances of pregnancy in your case.The I PILL can cause intermittent bleeding in your cycle,so do not worry about it,its a normal thing.
And the soreness in nipples is due to the effect of the pill not due to pregnancy.And it can also delay your next period .
Possible you will be getting your period after 28 days of starting of the spotting.So keep calm do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.