Consistent lower back pain, excessive sleepiness, frequent urination at night. X-ray showed disc compression. Treatment?

Hi, i have some problems and they are as follows: 1.) Its been almost 8 weeks now that my lower back or lumber spine area is paining alot that i cant even bend or run or even stand alot. I went to see an orthopaedic surgeon and he made take an x-ray which was very normal with the exception that one of my discs had been compressed. He gave me the following medication namely Gabapentin tabs, Neurotone tabs and Zeradol tabs but unfortunately the pain is still there. 2.) Secondly, i tend to feel sleepy more then normal i.e i cant stay a wake for a long time as i feel sleepy through out the day and i sleep well at night despite having frequent urination. But during the daytime it is very difficult to stay awake as i feel sleepy all the time. Please let me know what treatment to undergo in order to sort out my ilnesses. Hope to hear from you very soon. Thanks, With best regards.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012