Consistent high body temperature in 1 year old child for last 8 days

Hello Doctor, my neighbor s child aged 1 year is having fever (around 100-101 degree Fahrenheit) for the last 8 days. He is otherwise active. He is a skinny baby (with low baby fat since birth ). Blood test showed low Hemoglobin count. He was even treated for Malaria (as it is rainy season here in India now therefore more mosquito related diseases). Even after completing the course of medicine for malaria, his body temperature is still higher than normal, mostly during night time). What may be the reason for consistently high body temperature? Could it be Typhoid or could it be due to low hemoglobin count? Kindly help me with with your advice.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011