Consistent fever, blood tests showed salmonella typhi-O antigen reactive. Is it safe to consume alcohol?

i was having fever for 2 weeks but i did not take it seriously on 21st oct 2012 i consulted my family doctor and he prescribed me a few medicines and some blood tests . the result of the blood test said salmonella typhi -O antigen reactive with a value of 1:160 ,today is my best friends wedding and so i was wondering if i could consume alcohol in the wedding ? i have been on medicines for a few days now and now i dont have fever .but i still have doubts that i should drink or not . what do u say ?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012