Consistent dry scaly patch on cheek for years, gets raw,peels off and recurs. Cure?

Have had a dry scaly patch on my left butt cheek for 2 years. Every few weeks you can peel a layer of dead skin (I believe it s dead skin anyway) off the patch. The area will be come raw to the touch and then scales back over. The patch is about the size of a nickel. Has not really grown in size. It is noticeably darker in color (picture a bruise but not more red than deep purple in color). What can I use to treat this to make it go away?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012