Consistent cough and cold with mild fever, pain in upper teeth, swelling behind front tooth. Suggestions for relief?

Hi, My son is having cough and cols since last few days with mild fever . He has been complaining about pain in his upper teth. When I checked, I can see swelling behind his one of the front tooth . I tried rinsing his mouth twice with salt water. But it is not working much. Does it take time for it to go even with salt water rinse. Please advise. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Dentist 's  Response
The cause of swelling behind front tooth has to be ruled out clinically by a dentist.
This may be caused due to traumatic injury or deep caries.
The infected pulp within the tooth has to be extirpated out completely and curetted.
The swelling will disappear once the pus within it has drained out.
Take complete course of antibiotics-analgesics .
Maintain oral care.