Consistent appearance of bumps on the edges of lips, occur after scratching the lip, start with itching and redness over the area followed by bumps. What could this be?

For the past few years I ve been experiencing these bumps on the edge of my upper lip . They usually occur in the same place (the points of my upper lip.) Usually they occur after I scratch my lip or something rubs up against it. They start out by that area becoming red and sort of itchy and burning. Then a small bump appears. I ve seen several pictures of cold sores and it looks nothing like that. It s just a small red bump. It s slightly painful at first and becomes increasingly painful the longer it stays. The area stays red. It usually goes away within a week to two weeks at the longest. It never crusts over or anything..just goes back down. What could this be? It s quite annoying. It would be great to find out what it is so that I can begin treating it and maybe I won t have to deal with it anymore. Thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012