Consistent anal bleeding, extremely painful bowel movements with mucus. What could be wrong?

I finally want to know what is wrong with me. I have waited a long time and I dont want it to be too late. My anus has been bleeding for about 2 and a half years. It used to just bleed a bit now and then. Now everytime I have a bowel movement the toilet water is red with blood, and it is extremely painful. Just about five minutes ago, I had another bowel movement. This time it had mucus in it. I am very worried. Whats wrong with me?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013