Consequences of eating potato everyday

Hi, what are are the consequences of eating potato everyday ?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Jun 2011
Hi, Ganesh,
If you are eating only potatoes and not other green vegetables then you may miss some essential vitaments and trace element of zinc etc.
Potatoes contain more carbohydrates so you may some more wight.
ok and bye.
Dietitian & Nutritionist Deepal's  Response

As such if you go to see thn eating potato everyday may nt damage you in anyway, but yea eating only potato may b wrong as you should always incorporate variety in your diet to meet all your essential vitamins and minerals requirement. potato contains only starch and some vit C nt much of nutrients therefore i wont recommend you to eat potatoes only daily. you can have potato along with mixed vegetables and not alone.

And yea it is mainly starch soo you may put on wt with that. anyways repeating same food daily is nt healthy either. and if you r a daibetic then its not at all recommended to have potatoes

i hope this solves your query

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good day
Potato is a carohydrate rich diet yet rich in fibre if the skin is also consumed which is also rich in vitamins and minerals. Consuming anything in excess is harmful to anyone. Drink plenty of water and eat fresh fruits and vegetables.