Connective piece of skin on top of right ear. Right ear different from left. Corrective surgery?

At the top of my right ear, (The Helix , I believe) there has been a piece of skin that keeps it pulled tight to my head. This connective piece of skin is not present on my left ear. Though it s never caused any complications, it does look a bit odd having one ear pulled in, and semi-square near the top! It has been this way for as long as I remember. I ve been tempted in the past to just take a sharp blade, and slice the skin down the middle, though I m no doctor and I d probably just end up with a bloody ear and no lasting results! :( My question is this: What type of procedure would be effective in matching the shape of my right ear to that of my left? Also, since it has been that way since as long as I can remember, (presumably since birth) will my ear simply bounce back out to proper shape, or will it remain deformed as a result of being in that position for such a long period of time? Thanks very much for any offered help!
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012