Congestive heart failure due to breathing difficulty, have cholesterol, epileptic seizures, venous disease in legs, on pacemaker. What is the possible prognosis?

My mum is 85. She has been admitted for CHF. Her main symptom was being unable to get her breath. Her medications have been tweeked. She is very slight, ie. not overweight , doesn t smoke or drink. History includes 15 years ago, pacemaker inserted for sic sinus syndrome , tegeratol for ? epileptic seizures over a long time, she s also on cholestorel med, and warferin for ? tac s 10 years ago.She has venous disease in the lower legs. All of this requires a lot of work on her behalf. She s a very bright and with it woman, living with dad with alzheimers, so has been coping with her own issues as well as all that is necessary for him. Dad has multiple health problems. I am wondering what her prognosis is, ie. how long can I expect her to live with this condition? She is having an echo tomorrow, so that might reveal more. Would love to hear back about any thoughts. Many thanks Jenny
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012