Congestive heart failure, COPD, pulmonary hypertension. On oxygen support, at a rehab facility. Life expectancy?

my father in law is 77 yrs of age. he has been hospitalized for 2 weeks with congestive heart failure , severe copd , pulminary hypertention . He is on oxygen 100% of the time, is unable to do any daily tasks by himself. He is not eating well at all. He is currently in a rehab facility. My question is about a realistic idea of his life expectency. I know he will never be better, but my mother in law seems to think he will be able to come home, I am not as hopeful and think I am much more realistic.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012