Congestion, head cold. Ibuprofen may cause bleeding. Can I stop?

Hi, I have an appt today to see the doctor. I am worried about a fe things and wanted to know if you could tell me what might be wrong. I have been fighting some congestion the past week and have been blowing my nose close to 1 week with yellow stuff coming out. I have not taken medicine for the head cold as of yet. I looked online and it seems it might be a sinus infection. On top of that, I developed sciatica in March and went to the ER . I was given vicodin and ibuprofen(600 mg). I was taking the vicoden early on but then stopped I was taking the ibuprofen almost daily until I noticed about 3 days ago that my stools are dark. I then started to worry about that. I looked on line and saw that its possible that the ibuprofen may be causing bleeding in the upper GI tract. I don t know. I would like to think that this sinus infection is causing the dark stools and that I am not bleeding on the inside. I do not have any stomach discomfort, stmoach pains or other symptoms. I stopped taking the ibuprofen 3 days ago to see if the stools would become normal but they havent so far. I m a 40 year old male, healthy BMI 135 lbs, 5 7 height, athletic and do a lot of cycling to be healthy but now I have to deal with these issues. Do you have any idea what is going on? Thank you for any insight.
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012