Congestion every morning after taking off the CPAP machine mask. Cause?

A short while after I wake up and take off my CPAP machine mask I fill with congestion ( throat and nose ), every morning. It lasts for a short period of time and then clears up, almost always for the rest of the day. It does not matter if I use water in the CPAP machine or not. When the air is more humid my symptoms aren t as bad or almost non-existent but I live in Colorado which is very dry. I do have a humidifier on my furnace but we have been in a draught for many, many years. My question is, can any of my congestion problems be attributed to my CPAP machine or is it just coincidental? Thanks, Larry Santucci 303-335-6703
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013