Congestion, blood blisters in nostril, lack of sleep. Medical attention required?

I have severe congestion from what I think is either a nasty cold or sinus ailment. I noticed what looks like a blood blister in my right nostril . I punctured it by accident and it bled a little. It doesn t hurt or itch at all, but I m just not sure what it is. My question is will it be safe for me to remove it? Or should I seek medical treatment. My congestion is so bad that I doubt I ll get any sleep tonight :(
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, You are having severe congestion in nose. There are soft tissue swellings in the nostrils on both sides and these are normally present, known as turbinate. These become swollen and red when congested. You must have seen this and puncturing these gives some oozing of blood. Otherwise there are various vascular swellings over septum or lateral wall which can bleed. Most of these will not go on there own. Please consult an ENT if you see it again. Otherwise it must have been turbinate which are not that prominent now when congestion is not there. regards