Congested nose, yellowish, dryness and itching. Been taking Flumist nasal Spray. Will it harm mucus glands?

Hi Doctor

I have been taking Flomist nasal Spray for almost four years, not every Day, but on and off. I Must use it quite often, because my nose is congested most of the time (mostly clear slime, sometimes yellowish)

I am a bit concerned about my nose, because I think it doesn't work properly anymore. My nose feels dry and itchy, especially during the night, and that's why I always have to use a nasal cream to keep it most and comfortable.

My question: I am not sure whether to continue with Flomist or any other cortison nasal spray. Does It harm the mucus glands? I think there are not working properly? Should I stop taking Flomist? I think I would have to continue all my life. Maybe it's a chronic issue...

Thank you for your quick response.

Cheers,

Sally
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013