Congested nose, irritated pharyngeal reflex. History of asthma and dust allergy. Cause?

Hi, I recently moved in with my boyfriend and I started snoring at his place very loudly, with a stuffy./ congested nasal passages. I started using the salt water nose spray in the last week, but it did not help with the snoring that much. My nose is still congested and my pharyngeal reflex is very irritated (I have started to have flu-like symptoms).. From what I ve been told, I usually don t snore... I also tried the nose strips and nose ring but it only helps 1 night out of 7 most of the time... As a child, I was asthmatic and was told I was allergic to dust. Could this be a symptom and cause to my recent issue?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013