Congested nose and head, bloody mucus, difficulty breathing, headache, light headed

for the past 2 weeks have had a congested nose and head over night. Cannot blow but when loosen my nose there is bloody snot. During the day doesnt seem too bad but each morning have difficulty breathing as nose is blocked again. Feel a bit light headed during the day, although feel sick and have headache .
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
Hello and welcome to health care magic,

You seem to have a mild cold or flu which has caused the congestion and also the bleed.
Do not blow or pick your nose
Start an antihistamine and oxymetazoline drops in consultation with your doctor
Get a full coagulation profile done
Get your blood pressure evaluated and keep them in control

If the problems persists then you must get a CT PNS and get back to me or any ENT surgeon with the reports

get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan