hello and welcome to HCM,
You may have ingested a large chunk and it may have caused a slight injury
or a prick on the way to the oesophagus or the food pipe and finally to the stomach.
Sometimes though a small piece can be embedded in the throat and cause persisting pain especially during swallowing.
You need to take lots of water and milk and try to avoid spicy food. Wait for a couple of days for the symptoms to subside. If the symptoms do not subside or are becoming worse or you are getting any other additional symptoms then you need to consult an ENT as soon as possible who may perform an endoscopy
for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Dr Sriram Nathan