Congested feeling near the Adams apple. Could there be food stuck there?

i think i just inhaled a piece of steak...i was talking to my father and i was really sure i inhaled it..i didnt cough though and am still does kind of feel liek there is somethign lodged right under whree your adams apple wuold be..that crevace in the googling what to do and if its ok incase it did happen..and it brought me to this website
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

You may have ingested a large chunk and it may have caused a slight injury or a prick on the way to the oesophagus or the food pipe and finally to the stomach.
Sometimes though a small piece can be embedded in the throat and cause persisting pain especially during swallowing.

You need to take lots of water and milk and try to avoid spicy food. Wait for a couple of days for the symptoms to subside. If the symptoms do not subside or are becoming worse or you are getting any other additional symptoms then you need to consult an ENT as soon as possible who may perform an endoscopy for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Dr Sriram Nathan