Congenital hydro with a vp shunt inserted, complain of headache, petechia in the eye. Reasons ?

My daughter has congenital hydro with a vp shunt inserted at 4 months of age. We have never had to go back in for a repair yet either. She was complaining of a headache yesterday on the shunt side and she had petechia show up yesterday in the eye of the side her shunt is placed. She has slept all day today except for a few hours. She s not listless or comatose, just really tired. Could this be the start of a malfunction? Does she need to be seen?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012