Congenital amblyopia in one eye, nearsightedness in other, had cobweb blobby pvd hindering vision. Will vitrectomy and laser help?

I am 53 yr old female who has amblyopia from birth and do not see in that eye ,I am nearsighted in the right eye -4.75 and see 20/20 with lenses i woke up 3 weeks ago with the biggest vision hindering cobweb blobby pvd i am beside my self went to both my optomotrist and my ophthalmologist i cry everyday i am a workers comp specialist. And on computers all day both docs say nothing u can do about this and may drop down in time w gravity.In the interim I cannot see and it got worse at my last visit my retina is in tact. I can not accept this as the end of my seeing w/o this monster that invaded my eye i have a special case with my left eye being almos blind and one good eye in which to see.I know of vitrectomy and lasar however i doubt if i am a candidate. Do these get better w time? I am taking supplements lutein billberry vitaminC etc please help. I am going to a retina specialist today. Thank you please help if u can. Linda
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012