Confused, tired due to being shut in a room with puppies excreta. Can that cause confusion and hallucinations?

I have a dog who had 7 puppies inside our home. We put them in the laundry room about the size of a restroom. After the puppies got 2-3 months old they were pooping and peeing at 1st on puppy pads but as they grew there was so much excrement in there it made my eyes burn and took my breath but while in there I kept the door shut and the longer i stayed in there the more difficult simple tasks became and I had an episode where I stayed in there at the end of a long day of going back and forth I stayed shut in there for 3 hours because i became confused and too tired to move. Can that cause confusion and hallucinations and after 911 came and ran oxygen for a while I cleared up and I want to know can being shut up in there with no fresh or moving air cause that? Can it cause further damage?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013