Confused about something need help If there is a possibility that I am pregnant ?

Ok! Here is my story in a nutshell. It was 1996 when I went on BCP, in 2005 I discontinued my use of them. Since that time, I have not gotten pregnant which may be due to a number of things. Anyways, here is my situation. I have been having regular periods for the last 5 yrs, usually day one starts with light bleeding then days 2-4 heavy, then brown discharge. Up to this point I had not had sex in over a year, due to issues. Finally on Apr 6th I had unprotected sex with my husband. The next day I began to notice slight cramping in my lower abdominal area, which I assumed was just my period getting ready to start. On Apr 9th/10th?, my period started normal, but then for the rest of the time it was extremely light, as in I could use a pantyliner for the entire thing. 13 days have now passed, but I'm still feeling a slight cramping my breasts are slightly sore . I've been really exhausted. I'm concerned since I'm not sure as to whether this is a possibility that I could be pregnant or if I'm just going through hormonal changes. If there is a possibility that I am pregnant, can I get a pregnancy test now will it detect if I am ?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Assuming that your period normally occurs on the 9th and 10th of every month, sexual intercourse on 6th is unlikely to cause pregnancy.. Your symptoms may be hormonal disturbances itself.. However, these are just the theoretical assumptions.. Pregnancy test can indicate pregnancy as early as 2 weeks after fertilisation, hence you may get the urine pregnancy test.. If the tests are negative and your symptoms  persist, then you may have to repeat the test after another 2 weeks for confirmation.. Alternative choice is to obtain a vaginal ultrasound...