Confused about child's fever. Is it due to nasal congestion or contact with viral fever patient?

my baby who is eight month old has developed fever , but it is mild and the temperature is felt on her head as well. i took her to the near by physician and he said that this fever may be due to nasal congestion and it is not viral fever. but i am quite confused as one of my family member brought her baby with fever two days before which was suspected to be a viral fever. so i am quite worried about my child...she was prescribed with p 125 and zyrtec for the cold and nasoclear for nasal congestion. her stools are normal as of now. she has no problems with eating as well. quite active, but not as before. please do help me on this.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012