Concerned about the size of the penis

I have a physical tomorrow with a female doctor...i am a little apprehensive as i have never had a female do the exam before. I am also very self conscious of my penis and penis it bad if i get an erection...because I fret my size i have always wanted to get the opinion of a doctor on would i go about bringing this topic up
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Firstly, I would like to let you know that there can be a lot of normal variations in penis size and hence, you do not need to worry so much about your penis size. Secondly, physical examinations carried out by doctors are done in a professional manner and you don't have to be embarassed or anxious about the same.

You need not hesitate to discuss any doubts or concens regarding this matter as doctors are well trained to handle such issues in an understanding and professional manner. If you are very unconfortable with a female doctor doing an examination or regarding discussing sensitive issues, then you an request for a male doctor for the same.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist