Concerned about the penis length. What is the normal size?

Hi, i would like to get a answer on of i should go to a doctors office for my problem/consern. I m 16 and my penis is only 2 inches or so when not erect and the width is not very wide, but when i get erect it grows to 6 1/2 but i was wondering when will it stay around the size of 6 inches rather than 2 or 3. It would help if someone could answer me.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Sexologist 's  Response
Dear gamer.chris 72, the average size of penis when erect is between 5--7 inches , yours is 6.5. OK means post erection your size is fine and normal. without erection the penis vary in its size different at times with chilling weather it shrinks and warm weather it relaxes. in any way unimportant size when non erect. so be relaxed. your size normal.