Concerned about contracting rabies. Had a dog scratch in the past. Anything can be done?

I am from Kolkata(India), Now I am suffering from very much fear and anxity regarding rabies because once I had scratch by a dog aproxmatly 7-8 years back and was not vaccinated by myself. On that time I was not aware abaout that decease, but few days before I suddenly have noticed some article on internet that mentioned rabies can take effect by several years also. As soon as I notice this information from internet I started to feel very much fear and going to be crazy, some time I feel I would better to sucide before die with that pathetic decease.
Please Please help me to get rid from that fear and kindly suggest would rabies realy take affect after 7 years if dog scratch. I am newly maried haiving younger brother, Mother and Father and I am the earning member of my family, Trust me Doctor I dont want to die now, I want to live with happy.

Please advice what should I do.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013