Concerned about broken hymen after using tampons during periods. Worried

Hi, I have just started my period and have used a tampon for the first time. Pulling the first used one out was slightly painful, and afterwards I noticed a flap of skin or tissue hanging out towards the front of my vagina. I pulled at it gently, thinking it might be just a blood clot from the lining of my uterus, and it stretched out about an inch and then hurt as though it was attached inside. I searched the internet for an answer and the most likely answer seems to be that I have broken my hymen. I'm really worried and am not sure what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013