Concentration problem causing unorganized behavior. How can I fix this?

Hello, I am worried because I cannot concentrate. I started a new job and am having difficulty remembering names and my duties. I am having difficulty organizing my day and figuring out what to do next (prioritizing). I sit down to read and feel the urge to get up and do something else. For example, as soon as I sit down, I feel that I must do laundry or dishes. I just feel that I have so much to do but can not figure out what to do first. I am worried that I will loose my job because I am so unorganized and can t focus.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Thanks for your query. I can understand your concern regarding an inability to sequence or organise your tasks. You require an assessment by a psychological counsellor with regard to the reason behind the same-lack of interest or lack of flexibility in your thought process. You might require a guided structured scheduling of your activities and home work tasks in organising sequenced activities in a graded pattern. This might help you in addressing your concerns. Hope you find my suggestions useful.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
I understand what you are going through.
Being unorganized and not remembering is such a common problem that it cannot be considered as a disease unless it is cause of an underlying psychiatric illness. Psychiatric disorders that one should suspect are depression, attention deficit disorder, and anxiety disorder. You probably need to visit a psychiatrist who would like to evaluate you in detail and also conduct a mental status examination to identify and assess your problems.
Meanwhile you can use simple ways to remember things such as keep a note diary, a white board in your office. Meditation and relaxation exercises will also help.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
I would be happy to help you further if you need any help.
If you want I will be more than happy to help you further.