Completed insanity program, heart rate was normal. Suddenly lightheaded, varying heart rate. Should I worry ?

I m a 41 yr old female, I exercise 6 days a week and just recently completed the INSANITY program. My resting heart rate is ~62 bpm with a normal max exertion heart rate of 176 - 180. I was running on the treadmill today at a normal 6.5 pace and my heart rate had been functioning at it s expected rate. Then I just instantly felt strange.. not light headed or faint, but I felt that my heart was working harder so I took my rate again with my wrist timer and it registered 214 bpm. I have never registered my heart at that rate before so I slowed the treadmill to 3.0 and walked. My heart rate came down at a steady pace 204 ... 184 ... 174 at which point I felt normal again and kept walking ... down to 134. I then turned the treadmill back up to 7.0 and ran for 3 minutes then turned it down to 5.5 for another 10 minutes. My heart felt fine the remaining period and hit a max of 175. I am curious to know if I should be worried about the heart rate jump or should I let it go unless it happens again.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013