Complete obliteration of popliteal artery in left leg, smoking addiction, normal test reports. Chances of dissolving thrombus through medicines?

Hello doctor, I am 39 years old male, I am suffering from complete obliteration of artery popliteal in left leg approx 2.1cm. I am a non drinker. I am smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes daily from last 15 years but I rarely smoke at week ends. All the tests i.e CBC etc are normal except one test s report is pending. Please suggest me the best solution. In my case, can thrombus be dissolved by medicines only or surgery is the last best option?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012