Common to experience constipation, diarrhea after laproscopic appendectomy?

is it common experiencing constipation after laparoscopic appendectomy and diarrhea? i experienced this the second week into recovery along with abdominal pain for about a week, i had been eating solid food then, and i had to change to soft food, took fiber and it got better, and now this Friday is going to be my 3rd week, i had sausage in a pasta 2/11, and now i am experiencing diarrhea again, ab pain for a bit but not anymore, took some stool softener. I haven t gone to my follow up yet because the doctor did the surgery got deployed, and my follow up was reschedule till the 27th.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013