Coma, severe brain damage after breathing trouble, in the 4th percentile. Has high BP. What could be the cause?

Hi, I have a question. Friday morning my sister had trouble breathing and when the paramedics got her to the hospital, she collapsed and is now in a coma . It took the doctors 17 mins to revive her and they said she has serve brain damage . She is breathing on her own but she is only in the 4th percentile. She is in her mid 60s and has high blood pressure . What could have caused this and is there any real hope for her regaining consciousness?
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012