Colposcopy, removal of genital wart, genital region, red and itchy, cauterized area not scabbed, not bleeding, open wound

One week ago, I underwent a colposcopy and concurrent removal of a genital wart , via cauterization . Approximately 3 days ago my genital region became very red and itchy. It has subsided somewhat, but the is still very red. In addition to this, the area which was cauterized has not scabbed over. While it has not been bleeding, it is pretty much an open wound. My questions are, is itching and reddening of the genitals normal following a colposcopy, and should I be concerned that the cauterized area has not yet scabbed over?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012