Colonoscopy done, six polyps, one Adenomatous. Why they are not taking it out?

I had a Colonoscopy last week, my second one, the first one was 5 years ago, at that time I had 3 Polyps which were biopsied and was fine. This time I had 6 and i got my results today. I have one that is a Adenomatous. I don't understand why they don't take it out before it does turn into cancer. I don't have to have another Colonoscopy for 5 years. That seems like a long time to wait when i have that kind of Polyp. Even if it is slow growing, why take that chance that it could turn into cancer?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013