Colonoscopy done, found growths or polyps. History of colon cancer in the family. Do I need surgery to get polyps removed?

i went yesterday for a colonoscopy ,i am 56 yrs old and family history of colon cancer runs in the family,,back in 2003 i went for my first one at that time my colon was ok,,however yesterday the doctor found 3 growths or polopys,why didnt he remove them at the time?? i have to go back next week to get results of the biopsy ,,either way he said i need surgery to remove them?? why didnt he remove them yesterday???? help.i have to go through the procedure again,,,colon prep which is terrible
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012