Colon removed due to FAP, tumor removed from pubic bone. Severe back problems after surgery. Is there any abdominal strengthening treatment?

My son in law had his colon removed due to F.A.P. (has about an inch left of his colon); recently he had a tumor removed from his pubic bone and during the surgery the doctors removed both of his bottom abs. His life is totally changed now. Now he is having severe back problems and has to be meda-boarded from the military due to this surgery. What/who can he talk to doctor wise that deals with muscle growth or some kind of abdominal strengthening treatment?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012