Colon cancer spread to liver, operated, lesions with swollen lymph nodes on liver, taking chemo twice, bleeding inside. Is he close to dying?

My friend had stage iv colon cancer that spread to the liver. The surgeon removed the tumor in the colon and 18 lumps nodes and a small portion of his liver, thinking they had gotten everything. They started a mild lemon but after the first CT scan noticed there was one lesion larger and a few tiny lesions on his liver with swollen lymph nodes. They changed the chemo ciocktail twice, but did nothing stopped the rumors from growing. The oncologist now has referred him to the Cleveland clinic in Miami. Now he is hospitalized due to be dehydrated and is bleeding inside. Is he close to dying? He is so week, on morphine, but no jaundice.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013