Colon cancer, mets in liver, stomach pain, back pain. On chemotherapy. Prognosis?

My mother was detected with stage 4 colon cancer with mets in the liver . She has be operated twice (second time unsucessfully as they found ascitis. She has had various cycles of Chemo and has lots tons of weight. She is now complaining of severe stomach ache and back pain. The doctor says the disease has progressed and now wants to try another line of drugs. What is the survival chances and whatcan I expect to happen now?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012